Public Speaking for Introverts
‘Danielle is an amazingly generous trainer. She always listens and understands
what is needed to encourage people to give of their best.’
Gloria Padura, Cintae Arts and Business, Madrid
Hello all you lovely introverts. So, are things so bad that we need a whole section to ourselves? Not at all. If you’re an introvert, you’re likely to have developed a whole lifetime of skills that will actually equip you to be a really authentic public speaker. I just think that it’s good to have a dedicated space where these attributes can be recognised and developed.
Here are some of the links that I have experienced between being an introvert and speaking or presenting in public:
- Focused listening – makes you more aware of the needs of your audience
- Deep thinking – leads to interesting content and connections
- Concentrated preparation – respecting the opportunity that you have, and really considering what you want to do with it
- Taking pleasure in observing – great for then making coherent links between different people and situations
- Sensitivity – empathising with others and what makes us human is a powerful way to connect with your audience
And that’s just for starters…
121s – as it sounds, you and me, deciding on a programme of training and support that will suit your needs, time and budget. For some this is skills development over 3-6 months. For others it is a quick, ‘help, I have to do this talk in two weeks’… and then a follow-up to explore any next steps for the future. I am available to do this over Skype – so wherever you are in the world we can make this happen!
Workshops (1-2 days) – I design these in conjunction with groups, organisations and venues. I like to cap numbers at 12 participants, and facilitate a supportive environment where people can relax and learn in the safe-knowledge that they will not be thrown in at the deep end. Or pressurised to do things that makes their body and mind panic – neither fun, nor productive!
For individuals who would like to attend a workshop open to the general public, please feel free to let me know, along with where you are based, and I will keep you updated.